Medhavi Skills University (Sikkim) in line with its vision of promoting skill-based degree/ diploma programmes has collaborated with several industry partners to launch Work Integrated Degree/ Diploma Programmes. But there are multiple sectors/ industry verticals which are still untapped and have huge requirements for skilled manpower. The primary role of Director – Industry Connects shall be to identify prospective sectors/ industries, understand their requirements and pitch MSU’s solutions that will help in fulfilling the skilled manpower requirements.
- Research on different sectors and industries where there is a need for a large entry-level talent pipeline, map it to work-integrated degree/ diploma programmes of MSU and develop suitable marketing strategies.
- Pitch various programmes of MSU ranging from work-integrated degree/ diploma programmes, short-term deploy and training programmes, stand-alone apprenticeship programmes and CSR programmes facilitating the creation of a centre of excellence and supporting the economically weaker section of the societies.
- Interact with industries to find gaps in the skilled workforce and suggest the academic team for the development of new courses.
- To launch various work-integrated degree/ diploma programmes with industries that can provide them with a leadership pipeline for future managers.
- To develop strategic alliances with different industries and industry associations for promoting work-integrated degree and diploma courses.
- To provide teams with strategic counsel on partnership activation to maximize and broaden MSU’s visibility.
- To enable partnership with industries for internships and sponsored projects.
- To motivate teams across the university to adopt the industry relations strategy and become a stakeholder in its success.
- Master’s degree in Management, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 10-25 years of experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Industrial Liasoning, Training and Placement, etc.
- Should have experience in consultative sales in a B2B product or services company.
- Ability to negotiate and convince industry partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to network and gain maximum value with external partnerships.
- Self-starter with evidence of a strong drive to exceed expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with numerous internal and external stakeholders
- Success in this position requires strong senior-client (CXOs) orientation, communication, account management and expansion skills.