Medhavi Skills University (Sikkim) in line with its vision of promoting skill-based degree/ diploma programmes shall be conducting classes through different modes such as online/ offline/ hybrid. The students shall have the facility to access the Learning Management System at their convenience to study the theoretical components of the courses. As some of the courses will be work integrated degree/ diploma programmes, the students shall be performing on-the-job training at the industry premises, so they won’t be attending regular classes but use the LMS to complete their studies, assignments, etc. The IT Manager shall act as a coordinator between multiple software vendors and MSU’s operations teams.
- Manage and support MSU’s Learning Management System. This will include assisting the team with queries, keeping the team up to date with the latest releases, troubleshooting for issues, user support, and engaging with vendors to drive resolution to issues and submit feature requests.
- Maintain awareness of new software features and possible benefits to the team as well as changes to the Learning Management System platform.
- Assist the team with the setup of new learning objects, pages, certificates, pricing, emails, etc.
- Work with MSU’s multiple software vendors to resolve issues and drive new feature enhancements.
- Monitor content published within MSU’s tools to ensure they remain current and that they comply with naming conventions and standards.
- Assist with ongoing content clean-up in our tools by working with the team to identify content to remove, update or inactivate.
- Pull Ad Hoc transcript, transaction, and user reports from the learning management system as the business requires.
- Research, test and implement new tools, solutions, and approaches that will help to improve productivity or user experience.
- Utilize project management skills to identify requirements, develop project schedules, and monitor progress of key innovation initiatives.
- Bachelors of Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant administration experience, preferably in a high-tech environment.
- Experience using LMS, CMS and LXP tools.
- Configuration management experience or experience with managing source files and coordinating resources within the team.
- Ability to learn new software and business applications quickly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and able to communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and engage others for support and input.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, decision making, organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, and reconcile conflicts.
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and deliver on commitments in a timely manner.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to build long-term relationships with a diverse set of cross-functional business partners at all levels.
- Some Knowledge of the following is preferred, but not required – Basic HTML/ CSS, Visual Basic for Applications, WebEx, MicroStrategy, SQL, etc.