Medhavi Skills University (Sikkim) has been established with the passage of the Medhavi Skills University, Sikkim Act 2021 in the Sikkim State Legislative Assembly on 24th June 2021. MSU aspires to establish a pioneering university model where corporates/ industries shall be the stakeholders and influencers in course curriculum design, program delivery, practical skills training, as well as, for providing on-the-job apprenticeship, with the following mission and vision.
- To establish an outcome-driven, and inclusive ecosystem for skill-integrated higher education
- To promote in-demand Skill integrated Higher education linked to assured employability and holistic growth
- To nurture learners with appropriate attitudes and ethics for sustainable progress in career and life
- To promote work-integrated (skill-based) higher education through industry immersive apprenticeships / on-job learning
- To facilitate the industry with Go-To-Market workforce solutions through short term and long term Skill accelerator programmes